There are so many moving parts when buying a home. For some people, just thinking about diving into the market can cause stress. The National Association of Realtors survey indicated that finding and purchasing a home is more stressful than getting a divorce. Unless you’re actually involved in the day-to-day process, the lingo and the rules of the game can get confusing.
That’s where I come in! My mission is to guide you through the real estate process every step of the way. To help you on your home buying journey, I’ve compiled a list of tips to help you stay informed and be confident with your home buying decisions:
- Make Your Initial Offer Count – First impressions matter! Starting with an offer that is too low may dissuade the seller or cause them to respond with an even higher price, so choose your first offer wisely. This is especially true in our low inventory, high appreciation market. We have to put our best foot forward the first time.
- Coordinate a Home Inspection – A home inspection is a vital part of the process that you do not want to skip. While you may think it could be a good strategy to waive inspections due to the fast-paced market, an inspection call out of latent (hidden) defects in a home.
- Check the Title – With the help of a title company, we review the title report to help you gain insight into any potential roadblocks or pitfalls such as back taxes or liens that could impact the upcoming transaction.
- Budget for the Closing – Closings come with out-of-pocket expenses that usually equate to about 3-4% of the home’s price, so be sure to set aside enough to cover those costs. Sellers are not offering concessions towards closing costs due to multiple offers and bidding wars currently.
- Rely on Your Agent – You don’t have to embark on the real estate process alone! Don’t hesitate to call me with any questions about the market, even if you’re not jumping in at this time.
If you know someone who may benefit from this information, feel free to share this post with them along with my contact information. And, if you’ve benefited from this information, I’m glad I could help! Together, we can demystify the market and get you into your dream home. If you would like more tips on selling your home, please call or text me at 480-355-8645 or email me at [email protected] today!