Selling a home can be an overwhelming process. Not only are there many crucial steps from start to end, but it can be an emotional time when leaving a space that you’ve made so many fond memories in over the years.
That’s where I come in! My mission is to guide you through the real estate process every step of the way. To help you on your home selling journey, I’ve compiled a list of tips to help you stay informed and be confident with your home selling decisions:
- Price Your Home Fairly – You may send the wrong impression to buyers if you list too high, and could further dissuade buyers by retroactively decreasing the price by a wide margin. This is where trusting your agent is important, as they will have the education and experience to help you accurately price your home.
- Begin Packing Early – The process of selling a home is hectic as is. Get a head start on packing before your home hits the market to reduce potential stress as the move-out date gets closer.
- Review Your Listing – Needless to say, your agent will do their best to highlight the features of your home and supply accurate information. But as the home owner, you’ll know the space better than anyone, so be sure to point out if anything has been missed.
- Be Open to Showings – Allowing strangers to come into your home for a showing could feel intrusive, especially if it’s your first time selling. However, I would recommend leaving the house once the buyer’s agent arrives to avoid interference and allow the buyer to feel more comfortable about discussing their thoughts with the agent during the tour.
- Respond Promptly to Offers – Many purchase offers come with expiration dates, and a delayed response could cause stress for the buyer, especially if they’re on a tight deadline to find their new home. Just as it is an overwhelming time for you, it is likely the same for them so extend the same courtesy that you would like to have in their shoes.
If you know someone who may benefit from this information, feel free to share this post with them along with my contact information. And, if you’ve benefited from this information, I’m glad I could help! Together, we can demystify the market and get you into your dream home. If you would like more tips on selling your home, please call or text me at 480-355-8645 or email me at [email protected] today!