The events of this past year has been unprecedented. Now more than ever, it’s important to stay on your A-game and keep your spirits lifted, so be sure to spend some time taking care of yourself!
As you continue to navigate your new normal, I want to share some tips for focusing on your own well-being. Here are some ways to reset your goals and reboot your routine so that you feel recharged and ready to support your family, friends, and community:
Resetting Your Goals to Plan for 2021:
- Refresh: Review the goals you set in 2020 and choose which ones you’re still able to pursue.
- Adjust: Update those goals to match your current circumstances.
- Evaluate: Consider your current situation to determine what actions are working out and which ones are not.
- Plan: Write a list of small steps that you can take towards achieving your goals.
- Act: Carry out your plan while changing your habits to achieve your new goals.
Refocusing Your Routine to Increase Productivity:
- Get Moving: Make time for physical activity like walking, jogging, dancing, or anything that will help you shake off the negativity.
- Intentional Media: Try adding a positive podcast or book to your routine to help keep you in a productive mindset.
- Prioritize Your Health: Staying on top of your health will help keep you strong, both mentally and physically.
- Stay Accountable: If you have a friend or family member who wants to kick the same habit or try something new, connect with them to keep each other motivated and accountable.
Taking Care of Yourself:
- Journal: Writing down your thoughts and experiences helps you process and unload in times of stress.
- Daily Self Check-ins: Take a few moments each morning to assess how you’re doing that day and take note of any feelings of anxiety or anger about the day ahead.
- Take a Personal Day: Even if you’re working remote, don’t be afraid to take a day to unplug and unwind. If possible, take that time to spend it with loved ones, and make sure that your day leaves you feeling more energetic than before.
- Sleep: It’s easy to neglect proper rest, especially when your schedule gets busy. Start a bedtime routine that includes time to calm down before going to sleep, so that you can rest well and wake up feeling re-charged.
While we can’t control what happens to us, we can control the way we view and internalize those situations. I hope that this information helps you and your family stay strong, hopeful, and encouraged as you move through your daily lives. If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at 480-355-8645.